Blepharoplasty is a procedure performed on the upper and/or lower eyelids. It is designed to remove excess skin folds, bulging fat bags and improve eyelid creases.
Blepharoplasty will improve the bags and wrinkles around the eyes, thus improving your overall facial appearance and give you a more youthful and rested appearance.
A personal consultation with your surgeon is the first step for any patient considering Blepharoplasty. During your consultation, we will assess your overall eyelid contour, the amount of excess eyelid fat and skin you possess, your eyebrow position, and the condition of the muscles in the area. We will also discuss whether an eye lid tuck, an eye bag removal or more is needed.
- Skin and underlying tissue of upper and/or lower eyelids is tightened and trimmed to reduce wrinkles and “eye-bags”
- Different techniques are available – each is suited to a different clinical presentation
- Surgical scars are visible for a few weeks but rapidly fade to become unnoticeable
- Dramatic rejuvenation of whole face can be achieved with attention to this one area
- Blepharoplasty can be combined with other cosmetic surgical procedures
- Performed under light sedation and local anaesthetic
- Recovery 1 – 2 weeks
- Medicare rebate may apply if droopy upper lids interfere with vision