A neck lift is a surgical procedure performed to improve the appearance of the neck by reducing the loose sagging skin. This procedure usually takes two to three hours, but the time may differ accordingly if other surgeries such as liposuction, face lift, brow lift that are regularly performed along with the neck lift.
The neck lift is used to correct sagging skin, or “turkey neck”. It creates an improved defined angle between the underside of the chin and the top of the neck.
With Neck Lift Surgery:
- Suitable for droopy neck skin, resulting in sagging jowls, “double chin” and/or “turkey-gobbler deformity”
- Through small incisions, excess fat is removed via liposculpture
- Superficial neck muscle (platysma) is identified and tightened to create a supportive muscle “sling”
- Severe skin excess may require excision
- Results: angle between chin and neck is sharpened; jawline may be better defined; skin is tightened; excess fat is removed
- Can be combined with MACS Lift or face lift for a more dramatic result